Apr 19 , 2023
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 6 ounces pancetta or bacon, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions in a large pot of salted boiling water.
- While spaghetti cooks, heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add diced pancetta/bacon and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned and crispy.
- Add minced garlic to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and Parmesan cheese until well combined.
- Drain the spaghetti, reserving about 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Add spaghetti to the skillet with pancetta and garlic, and toss well to coat the pasta.
- Remove the skillet from heat and pour in the egg mixture, stirring quickly and continuously until the eggs are cooked and the sauce is creamy.
- If the sauce is too thick, add a little of the reserved pasta water to thin it out.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste, and sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
Enjoy your delicious and easy spaghetti carbonara! :)